Monday, March 26, 2007

McDonalds vacuums our money again!

Posted by: Nick and Katy

Well hello again, people in Boca. Right now we (Mr. Smith, Steven G, and I) are in a local Mcdonalds because of no internet connection! They are charging us $2.95 for like 2 hours of service. Democrats. Any who tonight we are all going to Wal-Mart to buy the people that we have been helping this week certain items that they can use throughout their homes. Speaking of Wal-Mart, the boys had a fun late night Wal-Mart run last night at about 12:30. It was pretty fun and saw some “interesting” thing—pretty fun. I bought socks, because I was pretty unprepared. Today we woke up early….again, and went off to help people in their homes. My group went to a Spanish lady’s house and laid tile throughout her home. Other groups did pretty much the same thing, just in other areas of Clewiston. So far the trip has been pretty fun and it’s pretty weird that we will be traveling home tomorrow night; the trip has seemed so short. Well, here are a few writings from some other people:

Steven G. – When people think of mission trips, some of the things that come to mind are: fun, serving, bonding, growing in your walk with Christ, etc. I’ll be the first to tell you that it has been nothing short of all of these things. I’m certain I can speak for the whole sophomore class when I say that this has been a memorable trip in which all of us have grown closer to each other and to our Lord. A fun-filled day at Busch Gardens served as a much needed break for all of us (though some are terrified of roller coasters… okay, maybe that was just me…) Either way, it was a great time for the whole class and the leaders that have been such great company and help to all of us! This trip has definitely been a great and impacting experience for me as well as for the rest of our class.

Tori – The trip has been a really fun experience for me. Even through the gross parts, I get to say that I help people, and got to show them the love of God with my class. Once again, I got to get really close to the people in my class. See you all Wednesday!

Bobby – So far this trip has been an amazing experience. For me one of the most impacting parts was doing the construction work for the local houses in Clewiston. It was a great way to share the love of Christ with those who may need it, through our service. We have also been bonding as a class. The work group that I have been in has been great. All of us have really worked hard together and have had a great time doing it. Mission Trips overall are awesome opportunities to serve others and grow closer to God.

Well as you can see it has been a fun trip! Many people have had different reactions to what has happened, yet have all have enjoyed the opportunities. Oh! And we had special people come up and see us. Last night (Sunday) Jennie, Stephanie, and Mrs. Wenzel came up to join us. Everyone was really excited and had a great time with them. And hi to Kim! We miss you a lot! Can’t wait to see you on Wednesday.

P.S. Mr. Smith is tired. =]